Pictures from around the hospital grounds
Workshops, Water tower, The Recreation hall,
Swimming pools, Photos from the past!
The Water tower was built in the late 1940's and was used as a main source of water. When the hospital first opened water was pumped from the near by Lake Hickson until the under ground piping was installed which ran water from the Rangitikei river
to the hospital.
Facts: Height of tower = 70 feet.
Capacity 500,000 gallons. Quantity of water per
minute = 300 gallons
The Recreation hall
The Recreation hall contained a library which was built on the eastern portion of the building. In it's day the hall had many uses from Tennis to Christmas plays even a beauty pagent.